Followers

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Bold Floral Congratulations

Hello all you friendly people out there!  I hope everyone is enjoying a wonderful day.  Where I live we have been seeing lots of sunshine and steadily rising temperatures - just beautiful.  My card today, for the Card A Day Blog theme of "Congratulations," has some very bold flowers in bright colors.  I just couldn't help carrying over the happy mood from our celebration of Spring last week, especially since tomorrow is actually the first day of Spring.


My flowers were made with some paper flowers that just needed to be punched out and rolled.  The package comes with three different sizes, but I was able to use only the smallest size on my card.  The larger flowers would be lovely for a home dec project or for making up a pretty package.


Next I went through my green scraps to find some pieces to die cut leaves for the flowers.  There were two dies in the same set that were perfect for the sizes of my scraps.  How lucky!  I love it when I can make good use of those scraps I couldn't bear to part with.


I didn't want my card to be too fussy, but I wasn't happy with the plain white background I had, so I decided to use an embossing folder to add some subtle design and texture.  I rounded opposing corners on both the card base and the background which I mounted to the base with foam tape.


Once I had the leaves and flowers in place, all I needed was the sentiment.  I stamped it in brown ink on paper matching the card base, and cut it into a tag shape.  I affixed it to the card with foam tape.


This was a pretty quick card to pull together, and I am quite pleased with it.  However, it will need to have a box, or at least a boxy envelope for presentation as the flowers are very dimensional.


The little details:
     Flowers:  Imaginisce "Roly Rosies"
     Dies:  Sizzix Sizzliits "Flowers, Branches & Leaves" set
     Embossing Folder:  Darice "Henna"
     Stamp:  Hero Arts
     Ink:  Memento "Rich Cocoa"
     Paper:  Recollections and scraps

As always thank you so very much for your visit.  'Til next time.....

Big HUGS!!!
CHRISTINE

2 comments:

  1. Wow such a pretty card and all those textures too. The flowers turned out really cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow a very beautiful card.
    Lovely embossingfolder and those flowers are amazing.
    Well done.
    Hugs,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave some love. I truly appreciate you.