Followers

Sunday, July 7, 2013

True Blue

It's a good thing my hubby was looking at the calendar yesterday because I totally forgot it was my turn for a design at the Card A Day Blog!  And, being on Sunday means I get to start the new theme.  This week we're presenting "Monochromatic" cards for your viewing pleasure and inspiration.  I have another of my 'scrap specials' for you, all in blues because that's what my daughter requested.  The design of my card was actually 'borrowed' from a recent Stampin' Up stamp camp held by a neighbor.  And here it is:


As you can see, this card uses lots of small bits of paper, so it's an absolute natural for using up those scraps.  I did my best to get a sort of ombre effect with my papers; darkest in upper left corner to lightest in lower right corner.  I used a postage stamp punch for most of the pieces, but several of the focal piece bits were simply cut square.



The card base is standard A2 size at 4 1/4 x 5 1/2.  The layered piece is 4 x 5 1/4.  The focal piece starts at 2" square with the rest of the pieces each just a bit smaller.


As I hope you can see,  the focal piece has been affixed in two separate layers with foam tape.  The sweet little brads offer just a bit of glitter to the card.


This little card really is a blast to make.  You can have lots of fun choosing colors and a theme because, of course, this card can be adapted to many occasions.  I can just imagine it done in colors for Christmas or Halloween with just the right central image.  And it would look gorgeous in shades of brown and tans for fall.  I do hope you'll enjoy designing your own!

Also linking to:  Repeat Impressions DCC73 ~ Monochrome

Here are the specs:
          Brads:  American Crafts Mini Glitter Brads
          Paper:  Card base Georgia Pacific
          Ink:  Versamark
          Embossing Powder:  JudiKins Opaque White
          Punch:  Stampin' Up "Postage stamp"
          Stamp:  Pink By Design

'Til we meet again.....

Big HUGS!!
CHRISTINE

1 comment:

  1. Love this card! the colors are all fabulous with it and I agree you could make this for just about any occasion

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave some love. I truly appreciate you.