Followers

Thursday, July 18, 2013

smooth sailing

"How happy is the sailor's life..."   Isaac Bickerstaffe   Over at the Card A Day Blog we are inspiring/challenging you with the theme of "NEW," new home, new job, new school, new anything you can think of.  For my inspiration, I have created a card that might apply to many things 'new' as there are often "rough seas" in any new endeavor.  There may not be too many of us looking forward to a new sailboat, but that is the image I used for my creation.  I liked the idea of clear skies and smooth seas, so that is how I created my sentiment.  Here is your first look at my card:


As you can see, this is my sentiment.  I created it in a document, choosing the font style and color, and printed it on white cardstock.  I cut it with a Spellbinder's die, did a little inking while still in the die, added some matching rhinestones and mounted it with foam tape.  You can see the layering in the next pic.




The sailboat I used is from Stampin' Up.  I stamped directly on the card layer; I wanted my card to be very CAS.  Here is the finished card:


This was a very fast card to create, and, happily, I had the perfect scrap pieces at hand.  So, all I needed to do was locate my stamp and create the sentiment!  Not too many details for you, but here they are:

          Stamp:  Stampin' Up 'Sail Away' single stamp
          Inks:  Tim Holtz by Ranger Distress Ink 'Chipped Saphire' and VersaMagic Chalk Ink 'Sea Breeze'
          Die:  Spellbinder's 'Labels 4"
          Bling:  The Paper Studio birthstone gems

I'm really starting to love this CAS style, but, while I love the color blue, I think it's time to bring in some other colors for my next few posts.  What d'you think?

Sea you again soon!!

Big HUGS!
CHRISTINE

1 comment:

  1. Christine that is a beautiful card, the color works so well together too. Love the inking while it's in the die need to remember that when I'm cutting them out

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave some love. I truly appreciate you.