Followers

Monday, July 29, 2013

Many Thanks

Good day to you, and I hope it's a beautiful one wherever you are!  Over at the Card A Day Blog we're having a week full of 'Designer's Choice' inspiration.  I was at a Stampin' Up card party recently, so I decided to feature one of the cards we made there.  The supplies are all current items from Stampin' Up.  I'm afraid I didn't get the names of everything, but the items shouldn't be difficult to find in their catalog (print or online).

One of the things I really like about this card, aside from the sweet colors, is the fact that it's great for using scraps.  Of course, you can use any color combinations that please you, or even keep it somewhat monotone.  Almost anything would work.


This card uses a standard A2 base which, in this case is a gray cardstock.  The coral-colored mat is cut at 3 1/4", with the white embossed piece cut at 3".  The colored scalloped circles are about  1/4", and the white stamped circles are 1".  The assembled circle pieces are affixed with foam tape.



I used a 'thank you' sentiment, but you can add any small sentiment to the small circle.  You could also put the sentiment piece in a different position on the front.  That would be a fun idea if you're making a set of these, with different sentiments, as a gift.


The final touch is that single rhinestone just below the sentiment.  Nothing splashy, just sweet.


I think this is a great design for using some of those smaller stamps you weren't quite sure how you would use.  So pull out those small stamps and punches, and have some fun!!

Thanks for stopping by today!  'Til next time.....

Big HUGS!
CHRISTINE

1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave some love. I truly appreciate you.