Followers

Thursday, July 11, 2013

CAS, Color and Sketch!

Well, here I am back again with another blue card.  But, then again, who doesn't love BLUE?  This time it's for a particular challenge I'm entering.  Actually, I've combined two challenges; one that is clean and simple with a color combo, and the other with a sketch.   The CAS/Color is from the new challenge blog, House of Cards, while the Sketch is from the Repeat Impressions Blog.  Here are photos of the two challenges:

http://design-seeds.com/palettes/FreshCherry.png 20130709-203918.jpg

In the color part of the challenge, at least three of the colors must be used.  And here is my card:


Using the sketch, I took the three blues, a silhouette stamp and a sentiment to keep the card very simple.  The sentiment is very light, so I have a close-up for you.  It's much more readable in person.


Both stamps that I used came from the Raisin Boat "Stunning Silhouettes" set.  I used Versamark ink and Ranger clear embossing powder to get the light, but slightly raised and shiny silhouette effect.


Lastly, I cut the sentiment in a banner cut, layered it, and affixed it with foam tape for just a little bit of dimension on the card:


Most of the paper is from Recollections, and Surprise, Surprise, I used NO SCRAPS!!  I know, shocking, isn't it?

Thanks so very much for spending some time with me today!  Before you go, tell me in a comment what you're reading these days.  I love books and am always looking for suggestions!

'Til next time.....
Big HUGS!
CHRISTINE

6 comments:

  1. Great using of the blue shades in the combination with the sketch!! Love the sihouette stamps!
    Thanks for playing with us at House of Cards for our CAS challenge!
    Hope you had a lot of fun and we'll see you soon :)
    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO pretty! LOVE the ombre effect and the beautiful image you chose! Thanks for joining us at HOC! :) Hope you come back next week for another style challenge!!! Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the peaceful serenity of this card. Great idea to go with a monochromatic color scheme. Thanks for playing with us at House of cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card! Love the soft stamping on the third panel on the right. So glad you joined us at House of Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very soft and pretty card Christine and you nailed both of the challenges! I love the mix of blues you chose! Thanks so much for joining in with our HOC CAS challenge and I hope you'll play along with us again soon!

    Two of my fave books are:
    Fingersmith by Sarah Waters and
    A Suitable Boy by Vikram Seth

    I'm currently re-reading an oldie but goodie classic, To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. I'm reading a 'good' book before I dive back into my guilty pleasures - psychological thrillers LOL!
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of the shades of blue! I like your cattail stamp and the dimension you used in the banner. Thanks for playing at House of Cards!

    I love books as well! I just finished Serena by Ron Rash. I would definitely recommend it!

    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave some love. I truly appreciate you.