Followers

Monday, June 17, 2013

Just Because You're You

Greetings to all you lovely ladies and gents out there!  My challenge this week at the Card A Day Blog was to make a card for the theme "Just Because."  I don't know about you, but I think a card for no particular reason at all is just about the most fun to make.  It doesn't need a holiday or a special occasion or a celebration of any kind.  You make it and send it, well, just because you want to.

My particular card started with a little 'art' piece I made quite some time ago as a 'try-it' at one of our local art supply shops.  We were sampling Transfer Artist Paper, otherwise known as "TAP."  For those of you not familiar with it, TAP is a specially designed polymer coated paper which can accept inkjet printer inks (not laser) and almost any art materials you can think of.  Once the artwork is finished, it can be heat fused into most absorbent surfaces or transferred onto non-absorbent surfaces.  It's really a very cool medium that you can learn much more about at C&T Publishing.  Lesley Riley is one of the inventors of TAP, and she has a book available with all the instructions and loads of ideas.

Best get back to my card.  I laid down a background with several art markers.  It's been awhile so I don't remember all of them, but I know some were Copics.  I then stamped the cute little image.  I think we were using Memento ink, but don't quote me on that.  The design was then heat fused into a piece of watercolor art paper, a nice thick weight.



When I decided to use the piece for this card, I trimmed it down to fit an A2 sized base.  Then all I needed was a sentiment and a few pearls to coordinate with the marker colors I used.  I created the sentiment myself, and printed it on a coordinating piece of card.  I cut the pieces banner-style and affixed them with foam tape.

 
 
Since I had decided to use a black card base, I needed a light-colored insert for the message and signature.  So when I created the inside sentiment, I printed it on the same card as the outside bits.
 

 
 
It's really a rather CAS style, don't you think?  I'm quite please with the way it turned out.


There aren't too many additional details.  The card base and the pearls are from Recollections.  Sorry I can't tell you more about that cute stamp, but it belonged to the shop and I didn't get the name.  I actually do remember asking at the time, but I left the shop and promptly forgot.  (What can I say?  It was at least two years ago!!)  I hope you'll forgive my forgetfulness, and come back to visit again soon.  Until then, Happy Crafting!!


Big HUGS,
CHRISTINE

1 comment:

  1. What a pretty card and lots of color, interesting process.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave some love. I truly appreciate you.