Followers

Saturday, December 3, 2011

For Unto Us.....

Yes, a Child is born!  My post today is once again a card made for the Card A Day Blog.  Our inspiration theme this week is 'Christmas and Children' and I have chosen to make a card representing the very special Child whose birth we celebrate with the holiday season.  Since I was thinking about children, I wanted my creation to be a bit more lighthearted - not one of the rather formal cards I usually tend to make.  It all started with a little lamb; think Lamb of God, think animals at the stable, think cute for children.  Add Baby Jesus in the manger with a golden star shining overhead, and there you have it.



The sweet little lamb is cut from Cricut cartdridge 'Create A Critter.'  I wanted her to look festive so I added Christmas Red Stickles to her bows.


The manger scene, the sentiment and the 'Star in the East' were stamped from Unity Stamp itty bitty set 'A Child Is Born,' and heat embossed.  I hand cut the manger and used Spellbinders dies for the sentiment.  I added the patterned paper strip to ground the images - didn't want them to look like they were just floating.


For the inside of the card, I stamped the sentiment directly on the card, added another embossed star, and, to bring the outside colors to the inside, I used a strip of the same patterned paper, but in the opposite orientation.



And for the final reveal, here's the straight-on pic of the card front.



Hope you like my cute little card.  It's quite easy to make and fairly quick to reproduce.

The Details:
          Die Cuts:  Cricut cartridge 'Create A Critter,' Spellbinders Circles and Scallop Circles
          Paper:  A2 card base Waussau white card stock, K&Company 'Yultide,' Stampin' Up Very Vanilla
          Stamps:  Stampin' Up 'Beautiful Season,' Unity 'A Child Is Born'
          Inks:  Versamark, Versafine Onyx Black, Tim Holtz by Ranger 'Antique Linen' Distress Ink and Stampin' Up Lucky Limeade (both used for shading and edging)
          Embossing Powder:  Stampendous Detail Black and Detail Gold

Thanks for visiting today!  See you again soon!!!

Always keep your creative genius happy and well-fed!

CHRISTINE


2 comments:

  1. Fantastic job on the card and the true reason for the season. Card was nicely done inside and out. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave some love. I truly appreciate you.