Followers

Friday, March 18, 2011

I'm finally doing the TANGLE

Happy Friday everyone!  I can't believe how fast this week has gone, but I'm keeping my promise about getting back to posting
.
I'm sure you've all heard about Zentangle.  But, if you haven't, it's a form of drawing in repeating patterns.  It's not unlike doodling in it's basic form, but it goes beyond because it uses patterns that can be taught, whereas doodling is totally spur-of-the-moment mostly mindless drawing.  There are certified Zentanglers out there - I am NOT one of them, and books and lots of info on the web if you're interested in more detail.

I first heard of Zentangle when one of my local shops was having a 'demo day.'  They had lots of other things going on, but this was the only one I had never heard of before.  It was shortly before Halloween, so our demo included stamped images of witches' hats and pumpkins.  The explanation we were given wasn't especially true to the Zentangle code, and I don't think I captured the spirit in my two sample pieces.

This is my first sample, a witch's hat.  Knowing what I know now about Zentangle, I think this first effort is really lacking in depth, but, still, it was fun to do.  It was done with an ordinary ball point pen.



My second attempt, I think, is a bit better, but still bland.  It's a funky pumpkin.  Also done with ball point pen.


My more recent effort is done in the way Zentangle is initially taught.  That is, using a roughly 3X3" tile and a good quality art drawing pen, in my case a Sakura Micron 01.  Also, all the patterns I used are among the 'official' Zentangle patterns.  I must say, I am much more pleased with this one.  Pleased enough, in fact, that I will do more of this Zentangling.


I hope you enjoyed my first foray into this trendy art form.  It's been taking the crafting world by storm!

As always, thanks so much for visiting, and remember to keep your creative genius flowing...................

CHRISTINE 

2 comments:

  1. Christine, it looks great to me! I've never even heard of it before, but then again it can just barely drew a straight line...lol!!! So, anything drawn that I know what it is pretty fantastic to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Audrey, you're such a dear. Thanks for being here. One of the great things about Zentangling is you never need to draw straight lines.
    I'll be by to visit soon. Have lots to catch up on.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave some love. I truly appreciate you.